1. Name and contact of the Data Processing Controller and Data Protection Officer
Controller of data processing as described below according to Art. 4 (7) of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is
Hoeseler Platz 2
Telephone: +49 (0)2056 - 15 0
Fax: +49 (0) 2056 - 15-269
The Data Protection Officer of Kiekert AG (hereinafter “Kiekert”) is available by email at email@example.com or at the above mail address by adding “The Data Protection Officer”.
2. Collection and storage of personal data, way and purposes of use
a. Visiting our Websites
While visiting our websites www.kiekert.com and www.160years.com for information purposes, which means without registering on the website or transferring information to us in any other way, the browser used by your device will automatically send information to the server hosting our website. This information will be stored temporarily in a so called “logfile”. In this context, the following information will be collected without your active involvement and stored until its automatic deletion at the end of the respective session or after a maximum of seven days:
- IP address of the requesting device,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the accessed files,
- Referrer URL (website visited before),
- Browser type and in some cases the operating system of your device as well as the name of your access provider.
These data will be used for the following purposes:
- To ensure proper connection establishment of the website,
- To ensure a comfortable use of our website,
- Analysis of security and stability of the system,
- Optimizing of the website content (see also subsequent item 4),
- Further administrative purposes.
Legal basis for the mentioned data processing is Art. 6 (1) 1 f) of the GDPR. Our legitimate interest results from the purposes of data collection mentioned above. Your data will in no case be used to draw inferences on your person.
b. Use of our contact form
In case of any questions you can contact us via our contact form provided on the website www.kiekert.com. To use this form, you will have to enter a valid email address to let us know who is sending the request and to allow us to answer your request. Further information can be filled into the form on a voluntary basis.
Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of establishing a contact according to Art. 6 (1) 1 a) GDPR based on your voluntarily given consent.
All data collected by us in this context will be deleted automatically after the request you sent to us has been handled.
c. Use of the form “supplier application”
If you use our form provided on the website www.kiekert.com to apply as a supplier to Kiekert, you will have to enter a valid email address and, in addition, your name, surname, zip code, city and phone number to allow a proper processing of your application.
Processing of personal data for the purpose of including your company in the supplier application process takes place according to Art. 6 (1), 1 a) GDPR based on your voluntarily given consent and according to Art. 6 (1), 1 b) GDPR for the purpose of conducting pre-contractual measures.
All data being collected by us in this context will be deleted, if your application does not result in a supplier relationship and if no legal requirements are prohibiting a deletion.
You may subscribe to receive a newsletter on our website. To subscribe, you must provide a valid email address to which the newsletter can be sent. This email address will be used only to send the newsletter.
When subscribing to the newsletter, you may also provide a form of address, title, first name, last name, company, address and telephone number if you wish. You may also indicate the Kiekert product range that interests you in particular. Should you choose to provide this, or other optional information (for example, about the company, media, function, place or additional contact details), this is done expressly on a voluntary basis.
We use the double opt-in procedure for our newsletter subscription. This means that after you subscribe, we send you an email at the email address you indicated in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. By confirming, you are giving us your express consent to the receipt of the newsletter and the associated processing of your personal data. The legal basis is Art. 6 (1)(1)(a) GDPR. You may withdraw this consent at any time with future effect and unsubscribe from the newsletter, for example, using the link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you may send your unsubscribe request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. After you unsubscribe, your personal data will be automatically deleted.
If you do not confirm your subscription within 48 hours, your personal data will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month.
In addition, we store the IP addresses you use and the times of subscription and confirmation in all cases. The purpose for this procedure is to verify your subscription and, where applicable, clarify any possible misuse of your personal data. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 (1)(1)(f) GDPR.
The delivery, opening, and forwarding rates, as well as click-through behavior for links in the newsletter, are analyzed in order to optimize our newsletter. In order to enable this analysis, emails that have been sent contain web beacons or tracking pixels comprising single-pixel image files that are stored on our website. We use this method to collect the data referred to in paragraph 2.a. (“When visiting our websites”) and record, in particular, how often our newsletter is read or forwarded and which links included in the newsletter are clicked. This data is automatically pseudonymized immediately after collection and used by us for statistical purposes only in pseudonymized form. The applicable legal basis in this case is Art. 6 (1)(1)(f) GDPR. Please contact us by email (email@example.com) if you wish to object to tracking.
3. Transfer of data
We will not transfer your personal data to any third party for other purposes than the ones mentioned below.
Your personal data will only be transferred to third parties, if
- you have expressly declared your consent thereto according to Art. 6 (1) 1 a) GDPR,
- the transfer is necessary according to Art. 6 (1) 1 f) GDPR to claim, exercise or defend legal interests and if there is no reason to believe that you have a predominant interest in not having your data transferred,
- a legal obligation requires us to transfer your data according to Art. 6 (1) 1 c) GDPR,
- a transfer is permitted by law and necessary for exercising of contractual relationships according to Art. 6 (1) 1 b) GDPR.
In either of these cases you will be informed by us separately regarding the purpose of each data transfer and the recipient(s) your data.
In each cookie, information, which appears regarding the respectively used device will be stored. This does not include that we obtain any knowledge of your identity.
We implemented such cookies to make our websites more comfortable for you to use. Therefore, we use so called “session cookies” to recognize whether you have used certain pages of our website before. Session cookies will be deleted automatically after you left the website.
In addition, we use temporary cookies to optimize the usability of our website, which are stored on your device for a specified period of time. If you visit our website again later to engage our services, the website will automatically recognize that you have already visited it and which settings and entries have been made so that you do not have to enter those again.
If you have agreed to their activation, cookies are also used on our website www.kiekert.com to evaluate how it is being used and to optimize our offers for you (see also subsequent item 5). Those cookies allow us to recognize automatically if you have visited our website before at the time you open it. Those cookies will automatically be deleted after a defined period of time.
All data processing by the mentioned cookies is necessary for the purposes described and for the protection of our and an eventual third party´s legitimate interests according to Art. 6 (1) 1 f) GDPR.
You can prevent the storage of cookies on your device by appropriately setting your browser software; in this case, however, please note that you might not be able to fully use all functions offered by our websites.
5. Google Analytics
Our website www.kiekert.com uses Google Analytics if you have agreed to its use, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/), 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (hereinafter “Google”).
The use of Google Analytics is based on Article 6 (1) 1 f) GDPR and shall ensure a demand-actuated design and the ongoing optimization of our website. In addition, we use Google Analytics to statistically record and analyze the use of our website to be able to optimize our offers for you. Those interests are legitimate interests in the sense of the abovementioned regulation.
In this context, pseudonymized user profiles will be created and cookies (see above item 4) will be used. Information generated by such cookies about your use of our website, such as
- type / version of your browser,
- operating system,
- referrer URL (website visited before),
- host name of your device (IP address),
- time of server request,
is usually transmitted to a Google server in the United States and stored there. The information will be used to analyze and evaluate the use of our website, compile reports about website activities and provide the website's operator with further services related to website and Internet usage. Such information may be transferred to third parties to the extent this is required by law or such third party is a data processing company to Google. The IP address sent by your browser as part of Google Analytics is not merged with other data by Google. IP anonymization is activated on this website, this means your IP address is being truncated before further processing in order to rule out any direct association to a person (IP masking).
You can prevent storage of cookies by appropriately setting your browser software; in this case, however, please note that you might not be able to fully use all functions offered by this website.
In addition, you can prevent data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) from being collected and processed by Google by downloading and installing a browser plug-in from the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Further information on data protection in the context of using Google Analytics can be found on the Google Analytics support website (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
6. Social Media Plug-ins
Our website www.kiekert.com currently uses the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Twitter, Xing and LinkedIn. Therefore, we use the so called “two-click-solution”. If you visit our website, no data will be transferred to the plug-in provider in principle. You can identify the provider of each plug-in by its logo or its initial letter shown on our website. We offer the opportunity to directly communicate with the provider of each plug-in via those buttons. Only if you click on the respective button, this provider will receive an information that you are a visitor of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under item 2 of this policy will be transferred. With regards to Facebook and Xing, your IP address will be anonymized immediately after collection of the data according to the information given by the respective German providers. As a consequence, your personal data will be processed to the respective provider and stored there (in case of US providers your data will be stored in the USA) if you activate a plug-in. As the plug-in providers especially collect data via cookies, therefore we recommend to delete all cookies in the security settings of your browser before clicking on the respective plug-in button.
We do not have any influence on the data being collected by the providers and their ways of data processing nor do we know in detail, to which extent and purposes data are being collected and processed or for how long those data will be stored. Also, we do not have information on the terms, after which data are deleted by the plug-in providers.
Each plug-in provider will store your personal data as a user profile and will use them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or user-friendly design of its own website. Such analysis especially takes place (even for users who are not logged in) for the purpose of demand-actuated advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object creation of such user profiles, therefore you will have to contact the provider of the respective plug-in. The plug-ins enable you to interact with the social networks and with other users for optimizing our offers for you and to make our offers more interesting for you as a user. The use of social media plug-ins is based on Art. 6 (1) 1 f) GDPR.
A transfer of data takes place independently from whether you own a user account on the respective social media network and whether you are logged in or not. In case you are logged in on the respective network at the time of using the plug-in, all data collected on our website will directly be connected with you user account on this social network. If you use the activated button, e.g. to link a page, the plug-in provider will store also this information in your user account and share it with your contacts within this network. We therefore recommend to log-out regularly after using a social network, but especially before activating a plug-in button on our website to avoid a connection to your personal account by the provider of the respective plug-in.
Further information on purposes and extent of data collection and data processing by the plug-in provider can be found in the subsequently mentioned privacy policies of each provider. There you can also find further information on your rights and options for settings to protect your privacy.
- Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information on data collecting: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications as well as http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook is a member of the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/?hl=de. Google is a member of the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter is a member of the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, DE; https://privacy.xing.com/en.
- LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn is a member of the EU-US-Privacy-Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
7. Advertising and automated individual decisions incl. profiling
Our websites do not use tools for online advertising/online marketing (e.g. Google AdWords/AdSense).
In addition, we do not conduct any automated individual decisions including profiling according to Article 22 of the GDPR.
8. Rights of affected persons
You have the right to
- require information free of charge on your personal data processed by us, especially on the purposes of processing, categories personal data being processed and of recipients to which your personal data have been or are being disclosed as well as on the planned term for data storage according to Article 15 GDPR;
- demand immediate correction of inaccurate data and/or completion of data stored by us according to Article 16 GDPR;
- demand deletion of any data stored by us according to Article 17 GDPR, if processing of such data is not necessary to exercise the right of free expression of opinions, to fulfill a legal obligation, for reasons of official interests or for the purposes of claiming, exercising or defense of legal interests;
- demand a limitation of data processing according to Article 18 GDPR;
- receive all personal data provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or demand transfer of such data to another controller (data portability) according to Article 22 GDPR;
- revoke any declaration of consent provided to us at any time according to Art. 7 (3) GDPR. As a consequence, we will be unable to continue with all data processing based on such consent for the future;
- raise a complaint to a supervisory authority according to Article 77 GDPR. Usually you can complain to the authority at your principal place of residence or employment or at the place of our business;
- object the processing of your data in case your personal data are being processed based on legitimate interests according to Art. 6 (1) 1 f) GDPR, if there are reasons for such objection arising from a specific situation or if this objection is directed against direct marketing. In such case, you have a general right of objection, which will be accepted by us without reference to a specific situation.
If you would like to make use of you rights to revoke or object, you may only send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.